Dollar General is one of the top retail chains in United States. It was first established in 1939 in Scottsville, Kentucky. Gradually, its business windows opened nationwide. Initially, it was called J.L. Turner & Son, Inc (from 1939 to 1968) – those are the names of the founders. In 1968, its brand name was completely changed to Dollar General Corporation.
This corporation sells both private brands with high quality and popular brands from reputable manufacturers like Coca-Cola, General Mills, Energizer, Nestle, Procter and Gamble, Hanes, Unilever, Kellogg’s, Clorox, Mars and Kimberly Clark.
There are 13, 000 Dollar General stores in 43 states in U.S. Hence, finding a branch is quite easy, as you are likely to have tons of its stores around your neighborhood or location. You can also check out Chick-fil-A near me here.
Dollar General Near Me: How to Find Stores Close to You
Follow these simple instructions below to find Dollar General stores near you.
- Firstly, go to Dollar General Store Locator https://www.dollargeneral.com/store-locator.html/
- Enter the ZIP code, address, city or state of the place you wish to find Dollar General stores.
- Now click on the yellow button with a black search icon at the right part of the search box, or simply hit the “Enter” button on your keyboard.
- This is what would happen when you do this, the Dollar General store locator would look for all the stores within your location and present them to you. The distance will also be calculated and shown to you. Also, each store’s opening and closing hours will be indicated.
- You can narrow your options by using the “FILTERS” drop-menu and “MILES.” For example, you can set the system to look for store within a particular range, for example, 10 or 20 miles. You can also use the filter feature to choose the kind of store you wish to find.
- To request for directions, click on the “Get Directions” link at the left corner part of the page. Also, if you wish to contact the stores, call the phone numbers above the “Get Directions” link.
Check the Number of Stores in Your State
The table below contains states and number of stores in each state There are 13,000 stores in 44 states. One easy way to know if Dollar General would be convenient to you is to find out how many stores are in your state. The higher the number in your state, the easier it would be to find its stores. Take your time to go through the list in order to find out how many stores are in your state.
|State||Number of Branches|